This is a practical project-led course that introduces you to all aspects of graphic design for print and web. Youll be encouraged to use the year as a foundation course covering the fundamentals of graphic design and establishing strong working practices. On completion of the NC Graphic and Digital Design course youll be able to apply for a range of higher level courses at Edinburgh College and other colleges and universities.
- Graphic Design
- Creative Industries
- Art and Design: Creative Process
- Art and Design Project
- Art and Design Context
- Digital Imaging
- Visual Communication
- Design Production
- Digital Imaging Project
- Graphic Design Project
- The most important skill youll learn will be to develop strong creative ideas through an understanding of the design process. Good research and investigation skills strong sketchbooks and creative development of ideas will help you create artwork for a range of graphic subject areas.
- Minimum 3 passes at SCQF Level 5 Btec or UAL level 2 and Portfolio and successful interview
- A keen interest in the field of Graphics and Visual Communications
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- All applicants are invited to an interview and portfolio review.
Download our progression route map here
- A range of higher level Art and Design courses at Edinburgh College and other colleges and universities HND Visual Communications: Graphic Design
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >
This course will end on...