This innovative course has been specially designed to develop your creative practice and equip you with the knowledge and skills you need for a successful career as a visual artist. It is an inter-disciplinary course covering 2D and 3D fine art practice including: drawing, visual thinking, life drawing, painting, printmaking, conceptual development, sculpture and digital media.
The course is project based allowing you to respond to a range of creative project briefs designed to challenge, stimulate and inspire. You will be taught by highly qualified and experienced artists with national and international exhibition research and project experience. You will also be given your own personal studio space at the start of the course.
The excellent selection of visiting artists, and professional practice programme, ensures that this course is highly relevant to your career aspirations.
Upon completion you are guaranteed entry onto BA (Hons) Fine Art at the University of Cumbria - an exciting opportunity to develop your fine art skills and knowledge even further.
- Developmental Drawing
- Contemporary 2D Practice
- Contemporary 3D Practice
- Conceptual Processes
- Digital Art Form
How Course Is Assessed:
- This is a practical studio based course assessed by portfolio submission throughout the year.
Year 1 - You must have one of the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 Highers or relevant Btec
- UAL level 2/3 or Foundation Diploma
- SQA NC at SCQF Level 6
- Pass all 15 credits available at HNC Level
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Interview and successful portfolio review
Download our progression route map here
- Guaranteed entry to Level 2 of BA (Hons) Fine Art degree course at the University of Cumbria (equivalent to Year 3 of a Scottish degree).
- A range of degree courses at national and international universities. Gain direct entry to Scottish and English Art Colleges at first, second or third year. For example, 3rd year Sculpture and Environmental Art at The Glasgow School of Art.
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here