The Level 1 Diploma in Art Design and Media is designed to provide students who are intrigued and motivated by art and design with opportunities to explore develop and test their creativity. The course is delivered over three days and enables students to both re-engage with education and acquire the requisite knowledge skills and understanding to progress to further education or employment within the creative industries. This is an Art and Design course specifically designed for students with additional support needs.
The qualifications enable students to
- Be introduced to the materials and processes used in art design and media and the skills necessary to record and express ideas
- Be aware of how contextual research is used to support creative activities
- Be introduced to the communication skills used in support of creative activities and develop an understanding of the role that communication skills play in informing and developing ideas
- Use previously acquired skills knowledge and understanding to explore and resolve 2D 3D and time-based creative problems
- Demonstrate personal strengths in art design and media and to use the knowledge understanding and skills developed in previous units.
Number of Days per week:
- No formal qualifications are required
- Show us previous artwork that demonstrates your interest and commitment
- Demonstrate the ability to engage with ideas and have sound communication skills
- This course is suitable for additional support and learning needs
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Applicants are invited to an informal interview to discuss their support needs and interest in Art and Design
Download our progression route map here
- UAL 2 Diploma in Art and Design
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >
This course will end on...