Art Portfolio Preparation is an evening class designed to help you achieve college and university portfolio requirements for art and design-based courses. During this course you will develop a portfolio of your own artwork which can be used when applying for further study through UCAS.
Discover the rich history of art and be inspired by famous artists as your creative potential blossoms in Edinburgh College school of art studios. This course is an exploration of a variety of creative art and design techniques. You will immerse yourself in art and design subjects such as life drawing and enhance your drawing skills and creative potential. Your creative process will be documented in your personal sketchbook to highlight and develop your research skills.
This course offers higher-level units that will ensure you are well prepared to progress onto study at a college or university level. This course will enhance your employment prospects by providing a distinct and professional route into careers in architecture or interior design.
- Art and Design Knowledge and Skills
- How to Produce a Suitable Art Portfolio for Applications
- There are no formal entry requirements but a keen interest in the art and design industry is a must
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
You will be assessed through an SQA unit assessment in art and design.
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- Progression to a wide range of Edinburgh College and various university courses will be open to you upon completion of this course. These courses will be discussed throughout the classes.
- Junior and intermediate positions with the Art and Design sector
- 1 evening per week for 12 weeks
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £144 Granton evening (year 1)
This course will start on…
- Group A - Granton Campus - Thursday 10th September at 6:00 PM (2020)
- Group B - Granton Campus - Tuesday 15th September at 6:05 PM (2020)
This course will end on...
- Thursday 03/12/2020
- Tuesday 08/12/2020