This course gives you the opportunity to develop a portfolio of artwork which will support College and UCAS applications for art and design-based courses.
You will explore a variety of art and design disciplines, media and techniques. The emphasis will be on drawing and you will have the opportunity to work from a life model. You will look at the use of the sketchbook as a tool to help investigate the creative process both in research and development of ideas and interests. This is a very important element of any successful portfolio. You will also create resolved work which will link to the sketchbook work whilst being able to stand on its own. As an important part of the process, you will investigate a variety of ways that artists have explored and expressed the visual world.
This course offers higher level units that will ensure you are well prepared to progress onto study at a higher level.
- Art and Design knowledge and skills
- How to produce a suitable art portfolio for applications
English Proficiency Requirements
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- Your creative portfolio of artwork will support college and UCAS applications for art and design courses
- This course will enable you to produce a portfolio of art and design work suitable for applying to a range of full-time courses in art and design at Edinburgh College or university
- Enhance candidates employment prospects by providing a distinct professional route into careers in architecture or interior design
Course Cost And Funding Options