This course is ideal if you’re looking to develop a career in the field of Interior, Product or Exhibition Design. You will learn a whole range of skills relating to 3D Design including computer-aided design, an ability to develop your design awareness and visualise your ideas. The course is largely project-based giving you the flexibility to develop your own individual set of skills essential for success in the industry.
To give you the best real experience you will make use of live buildings in the Edinburgh area along with client led project briefs. It’s a forward-thinking exciting course with an emphasis placed on individual learning and the design skills and knowledge you will learn will place you in a fantastic position to develop even further should you wish to progress to degree level studies or seek employment in the industry.
- Art and Design: Creative Process
- Developmental Drawing
- Interior Design Projects
- Drawing for 3D Design
- Exhibition Design: Creative Concept
- Interior Design
- Art and Design Context
- Digital Imaging
- 3D Design
- Creative Project for Artists and Designers
- Art and Design Context: Personal Investigation
- Exhibition Planning and Design
- Development Exhibition
- Temporary Structures
How Course Is Assessed:
- This is a practical studio based course assessed by portfolio submission throughout the year
- Year 1: minimum of 2 Highers or relevant Btec or UAL Level 3 or Foundation Diploma or SQA NC at SCQF Level 6
- Year 2: pass all 15 credits available at HNC Level
- You should have a good understanding of the creative process evident within your portfolio and wish to specialise to develop a career in this area of Design.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Interview and successful portfolio review
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Employment as an interior exhibition retail or lighting designerHigher education on related degree coursesHeriot-Watt University for entry into Year 3 of the BA (Hons) Interior Design degree
Download our progression route map here
- Gain direct entry to Scottish and English Art Colleges at first second or third year. For Example 3rd year Interior Design at The Glasgow School of Art Napier University and Heriot Watt University
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >
This course will end on...