This is the perfect course to develop the specialist skills you need to pursue a career in 3D Computer Animation. From designing and creating architectural 3D fly-throughs to modelling and animating 3D characters and scenery for short films this course covers many different areas of 3D computer animation.
You`ll even gain valuable skills in animating 3D character models and building environments for computer games, introducing you to the state-of-the-art software you need to know to succeed in the industry.
This course is your in-depth foundation in 3D computer animation providing the innovative skills that will allow you to access further degree-level study.
- Maya 2012
- 3D Studio Max 2012
- Softimage 2012
- Motionbuilder 2012
- Mudbox 2012
- Smith Micro Poser 2010
- Adobe Photoshop
How Course Is Assessed:
- This a practical studio based course where your work is assessed by portfolio submission throughout the year.
- Year 1: minimum of 2 Highers or relevant Btec ND Foundation Diploma or SQA NC at SCQF Level 6
- Year 2: pass all 15 credits available at HNC Level
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- All applicants are required to attend an interview with a portfolio of their own Art and Design work
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Successful students have progressed as freelance designers in the creative industries.
Download our progression route map here
- Degree courses at Edinburgh Napier University in Interactive Media Design, Digital Media
- Abertay University in Computer Arts and Visual Communication and Design
- Freelance designer in the creative industries
- Interactive Media Design and Digital Media at Edinburgh Napier University
- Computer Arts and Visual Communication and Design at Abertay University
- Access to Year 3 of undergraduate degree-level study at a range of Scottish universities
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >