Steps to Employment is a year-long course aimed at people
who are looking to build their employability skills and prepare for the job
market. You are normally offered a work placement at Edinburgh College with a range
of opportunities available and gain first-hand experience in a work environment.
We aim to provide you with a work placement that matches your skills and
ambitions either within Edinburgh College or in your local community.
- Communication and Social Skills
- Team Building
- Communication, Numeracy and ICT skills
- Workplace Safety
- CV and interviewing Skills
- Job Seeking Skills
- Skills to Enable You to Keep a Job
- Personal and Social Development
You will undertake a work experience placement within one of
the Edinburgh College Campuses or local community over 3 days per week.
- There are no formal entry requirements
- You must be able to attend the course for 5 days per
- You can work at SCQF Level 3-5
- You are hoping to gain employment
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
You will be invited to attend an informal interview to assess if this is the correct course for you.
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...