This one year course is aimed at school leavers aged 16+ who received additional support at school or did not attend well, and who would like to improve basic skills and develop confidence. Students on this course will also have a vocational option one day per week. Options include hospitality, sport & fitness, retail, automotive engineering or creative industries.
This course will allow you to:
- develop group and team working skills
- complete project work
- prepare you for further study
- develop skills and confidence in your chosen vocational area
SCQF Level 3 Units may include:
- Enterprise Skills
- Personal and Social Development
- John Muir Award
- Art and Design
plus vocational skills in your chosen area (Hospitality, Hair & Beauty, Sport & Fitness, Retail, Automotive Engineering or Creative Industries).
- Possible two-week volunteering experience
How Course Is Assessed:
- A mixture of classroom-based and practical assessments
Number of Days per week:
- No formal qualifications are required.
- Preparation for supported employment
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- A range of classroom-based assessments and practical exercises
- This course will prepare you for further study or training at level 4.
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here