THIS COURSE IS SPECIFICALLY FOR SENIOR PHASE SCHOOL PUPILS WHILE STILL AT SCHOOL.
This course will give you an understanding of the financial services industry including developing communication skills vital for working in the sector. You will combine your college study with work experience in a relevant financial services organisation such as Black Rock Finance and Virgin Money.
This is a 2 year course. In year 1 pupils will complete a National Progression Award in Financial Services (SCQF level 6) attending college 2 afternoons per week along with a 1 week work placement. In year 2 pupils will typically spend around 10 hour per week attending college and on an extended placement with an employer to complete their qualification in the workplace
- Applicants should have achieved or are working towards National 5s, preferably in Maths and English.
- A good level of written and spoken English.
- A good level of numeracy skills.
- Applicants must have an interest in a career in the Financial Services Sector.
- If your application is successful you will be invited for an interview at college.
English Proficiency Requirements: