This course covers recording and production of all popular music genres including the technical support areas of sound engineering. You will learn the essentials of sound production including setting up the studio for a recording session microphone placement multitrack recording and mixing as well as creative production techniques.
- Audio electronics
- MIDI sequencing
- Sound production techniques
- Radio programme production
- Creative project
- Appreciation of music
- Sound reinforcement
- Technical support
- Digital DJing
- Synthesis and sampling
How Course Is Assessed:
- Project and assignment based
Number of Days per week:
- 2 qualifications at SCQF level 5 preferably in Music, Media or Computing
- You should have core skills at SCQF level 4.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- All applicants will be interviewed. you will be asked to bring a short portfolio of your work.
Download our progression route map here
- HND/ degree level study at Edinburgh College or University
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >