This course is designed to develop and train you in the following roles, rigging camera operator, vision mixing, sound mixing and as multi-camera tricaster operators in the TV studio and out on location using vision mixing equipment filming and live editing of sports music drama and dance events.
You will develop rigging cabling replay operation and encoding for live webcast using cameras out in the field for commercial clients most of which will be paid work. This course will enable you to gain valuable work experience directly with the clients in a live broadcasting environment where you can develop future links within the industry respond to the needs of the client plan and prepare for each of the events through meetings and recci visits as part of the course. This investment and training in the appropriate equipment will enable you to apply your skills and knowledge gained at HE level in the field with direct hands on work experience in meeting the local and current demands of this fast paced industry.
This qualification is recognised by the broadcast industry and was designed by SQA in conjunction with the host broadcaster for the Commonwealth games 2014.This qualification and work experience in receiving technical and practical guidance and support from the lecturers and direct feedback from the client will provide you with invaluable skills, transitional and transferable practical experience for working in the broadcast and television production industry in Scotland beyond.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the roles and responsibilities and discipline required in outside broadcasting
- Develop specialist health and safety awareness and understanding
- Provide opportunities to develop advanced skills in outside broadcasting including Multiple Channel and replay hard disk devices
- Possibility of working on live sport on location and music events with BBC, SRU and Scottish Gymnastics
How Course Is Assessed:
- Practical and written work
Number of Days per week:
- 1 half day per week throughout the academic year in college and outside on location where required and available
- HND Creative Industries: Television or another equally demanding and relevant qualification at SCQF level 8
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Scored at interview by delivery lecturer
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Outside Broadcast Edit Assistant/Logger
- Outside Broadcast Camera Assistant
- Outside Broadcast Sound Assistant
- Outside Broadcast Production Assistant
- Outside Broadcast Runner
Download our progression route map here
- May be eligible for progression to 3rd year of a relevant degree programme.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £466 Sighthill part-time (year 1) Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
This course will start on… br >