This full-time course is designed to introduce you to Audio Visual technologies used in the Creative Industries. You will develop the practical, production and organisational skills you will need for planning and producing videos for multi-platform, TV, web and social media.
Working on a series of projects, you will cover a wide range of roles that will give you a feel for jobs in the industry. Areas of study include video production and editing, digital imaging, lighting and sound. Part of your course work will include entering various national industry competitions - this course has provided a number of success stories in the past so you will have something to live up to! This will also teach you to work with live briefs.
- Media: Introduction to a Sector of the Media industry
- Media: An Introduction to the Media Industry
- Media: Understanding the Creative Process
- Working with Others
- Media Project Multi Media
- Computing: Intro to Video Production
- Digital Imaging Media: Lighting for Single Camera
- Communication Media: Basic Video Editing Media
- Sound Recording for Single Camera
- Sound Engineering and Production
- Art and Design: Animation Project
- Numeracy Guidance
How Course Is Assessed:
- Written practical and project.
Number of Days per week:
- 3 passes at SCQF Level 5.
- You will need to be creative, with good communication skills, as well as being focussed and enthusiastic.
- A relevant portfolio is required at interview. This may include video, animation, multi media and photographs, as evidence of your ability.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- 2x references will also be required.
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Further studies in related areas such as HND Audio Visual Technology or HND Creative Industries: Television.
Download our progression route map here
- HND in Audio Visual technology or Creative Industries TV.
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >