If you are looking to pursue a career in IT support or software development this course will prepare you for a wide range of career options.
You will cover a diverse selection of essential skills from troubleshooting computer problems to managing a web server. In addition, this course will allow you to progress to university in year 3 to develop your understanding of computer systems further.
Its a fantastic start to developing a career in software engineering or IT support serving as a stepping stone to gain the qualifications you need to achieve your career ambitions.
- Hardware and Operating Systems
- Client and Network Server
- Operating Systems
- Software Development and more
How Course Is Assessed:
- Mostly practical assessments and written reports with some multiple choice tests.
Number of Days per week:
- Three C passes at Higher - one must be in a numerate subject such as Computing and Maths or a Science.
- Two Highers may be considered if the subjects are Science, Maths or Computing based and are at a grade higher than a C.
- An SCQF level 6 pass in a relevant subject such as Computing.
- If you are a mature student then we will take current or previous skills and experience into account.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- At interview you may be asked to attend a screening exercise to assess your skills and there will be course information provided by a lecturer from the course.
- Employment in a wide range of posts in the IT and Computing Industry after completing year 2.
Download our progression route map here
- Progression to various Computing degree courses at 3rd year entry such as BSc(Hons) IT Management at Edinburgh Napier University.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...