This course has been designed to introduce you to the core concepts, knowledge and skills required for entering the industry or further study in the specialist area of technical support.
You will learn about a wide variety of essential subject areas including troubleshooting, desktop configuration, software development and introductory networking. You will be well-prepared for entry-level opportunities in technical support, or to progress your studies on to HNC or HND Level.
This course incorporates an opportunity to study and gain a recognised Microsoft related certificate and you will build your own 3D printer and learn to design and print your own models on it.
- Technical Support
- Software Development
- Working with IT Software
- Maths & Numeracy
- Computer Hardware and Systems
- Computing: Installing and Maintaining Hardware
- Computing: Installing and Maintaining Software
- Computing: Plan and Build a Computer Network
- Troubleshoot and Secure IT Systems
- Management of Projects
- Computer Systems Architecture
- Computing: Systems Monitoring and Operations
- Computing: IT Support For End Users
- Computing: Troubleshoot Desktop Operating Systems
How Course Is Assessed:
- A mixture of practical assessments/assignments and multiple choice tests.
Number of Days per week:
- 6 National 5 C passes or equivalent
- Adult learners with relevant employment/life experience/skills will be considered for entry to this course
- You must attend a course information meeting to help us provide you with the right course
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- At the interview, you will be asked to take part in a skills and experience screening exercise. This may be on a computer or on paper. You should bring along your certificates.
- Course information will be provided by a lecturer on the course.
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Employment at entry-level in Desktop Technical Support.
Download our progression route map here
- HNC Computing: Technical Support
- HND Computing: Software Development
- HNC Computing
- HND Computer Networking
- HND Computer Science
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >